Last updated on: September 8, 2021
- This policy does not apply to any companies that EDC® does not own or control, nor to people that EDC® does not manage or employ.
- When you visit this website EDC® may receive information on its server logs from your browser, including your IP address. We may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to Personally Identifiable Information. We use this information to improve the overall quality of the visitor’s experience and our products and services,
- We also collect Personally Identifiable Information whenever website users contact us through the Contact form or send us an email to any of the emails listed on the contact page. EDC® uses this Personally Identifiable Information for several general purposes, including but not limited to: customizing the advertising and content you see; fulfilling your requests for demonstrations of our products and services; improving our website and our services; and to contact you about specials and new products.
- We also collect Personally Identifiable Information when customers place an order for our products and services that are not free of charge, when customers create WYNPIPE™ accounts and use WYNPIPE™ as licensed users, and when customers contact us for support with our products and services. In such events, a customer must provide contact information (like name, address, email, telephone number) and financial information (like billing address, credit card and expiration date). This information is used for support, technical troubleshooting, billing, to fill customer orders, to improve and enhance our products and services and our service offering to you. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the customer. If you place an order using a credit card, we store on our servers the following information in an encrypted form: the name on the card, last 4 digits of the credit card, credit card type (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover), amount, security verification code, expiration date, and billing address. This information is used to process recurring or one-time charges for your company account.
- We may also collect Personally Identifiable Information from third parties including your organization and representatives, public resources, our related companies, affiliates, authorized providers or consultants and others who form a part of our sales and/or service network to fulfill your requests for our products and services.
EDC® will only use your Personally Identifiable Information for the purposes for which we collect it unless we reasonably believe that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. We will notify you prior to any additional processing.
EDC® may use your personal data based on your consent. By providing EDC® your Personally Identifiable Information, you are actively agreeing to interact with us and giving us consent to use your Personally Identifiable Information. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. Please remember that withdrawing your consent does not remove the legal basis to use your information to perform the contract where applicable.
Links to Third Party WebsitesWYNPIPE™ contains links to other third-party sites, some of which are required in order for the WYNPIPE™ software to function optimally. Please be aware that even if these third-party websites are listed as affiliated, EDC® has no control over these linked websites. These websites each have their separate privacy and data collection policies independent of EDC®. Information collected by these affiliated websites is not received, stored or used in any way by EDC®. As such, EDC® is not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or actions of any such other sites. These links are only provided for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects Personally Identifiable Information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by EDC®.
Changes to this PolicyEDC® may make changes to this policy from time to time. We may not inform you at the time these changes are made, so please review this policy periodically. Use of www.wynpipe.com constitutes acceptance of the policy that is in force at that time.
Special Note to ParentsWe sell business products and services.
Pursuant to the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we are not permitted, and therefore do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable information from children under the age of 16, without the consent of that child’s parent or legal guardian. In fact, we require that all persons who review the site or contact us through the website be at least 18 years of age or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children, to participate in the interactive activities offered online, and for children to consult with their parents before submitting any information to this or any other website.
Internet EnvironmentPlease keep in mind that the internet environment is never failsafe. EDC® will strive to maintain personal information with modern security methods. But computer systems do fail from time to time, and devious individuals are always becoming more sophisticated. We’ll do the best we can, but nothing in this world is absolutely foolproof.
To better ensure compliance with updated security technology, EDC® recommends using website browsers that adhere to today’s security standards. To ensure the highest level of security available today, EDC® suggests that you select the highest-bit encryption level. When you submit information to us (or to any other web site) over the internet, the information may travel over many systems and networks that are not under the control of EDC®. The Internet is not completely secure and others may intercept the information that you are sending. Further, anything you voluntarily provide in any public area of the internet, including on EDC’s website, will be publicly available to others on that website and potentially to other third parties, and you should always use caution when deciding to publicly disclose any of your personal information.
International TransferEDC® is headquartered in the United States and your Personally Identifiable Information may be transferred to the United States or other locations. EDC® collects and transfers from the European Union to the U.S. the Personally Identifiable Information only with your consent, to perform a contract with you, or to fulfill compelling legitimate interest of EDC® in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. EDC® has and endeavors to continue applying suitable safeguards to protect your information.
European Union Privacy RightsUnder the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR), if you are an individual protected by the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Access: you may receive information about our processing of your personal data and a copy of your personal data.
- Correct: you may request us to update or correct inaccurate data we have about you.
- Delete: you may ask us to delete your personal information.
- Opt-out: you may ask us to stop receiving any direct marketing communications at any time.
- Transfer: you may ask us to transfer your personal data in a machine-readable format to a third party of your choice.
- Restrict: you may ask us to restrict the processing of your Personally Identifiable Information under certain circumstances.
- Object: you may object to our reliance on our legitimate interest as the basis of our processing if you believe it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Complain: you have a right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority in the Member State in which you are located. The list of Data Protection authorities and their contact information are available on the European Commission’s website.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights above, please contact EDC®.